Monday, May 11, 2009

Apple Oatmeal

You can also try making variations of this recipe by substituting other fruits such as peaches, blueberries, or bananas, for the apple, just don't cook the softer fruits for as long.

½ cup (250 ml) oats
½ cup (250 ml) milk
½ cup (250 ml) water
2 tablespoons (30 ml) raisins
½ tablespoon (15 ml) brown sugar
½ apple, chopped
A pinch of salt
Cinnamon for sprinkling

Mix together the oats, milk, water, raisins, brown sugar, apple, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat, and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. When the mixture is thick and mushy, remove from heat. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice recipe. Have tried that and all liked it. Keep posting such ! Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,
    thanks for visiting :) hope to see u around more often.
    Wonderful recipes at ur blog, great pics too.
    Good job! shall c u more often.
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog and recommending your blog. You have a lovely site. I am a vegan so I wouldn't be eating anything with milk or other animal products. My health has greatly improved in various ways going vegan. And no animals are harmed which also makes me so happy to be a vegan.

    Best regards,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats so nice and healthy too .. You have lovely space here and love to visit regularly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you check out my food blog and enjoyed my write up on Anglo-Indian foodways! Please do come back regularly to check out fresher posts! Nice brekkie ideas! Very fresh! Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you visit my blog, and comment is very meaningful for me. I hope that visiting each other again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy. Will definitely make for breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete